Brainless British Royalty is No Different than American Politicians
WHAT'S WRONG WITH OUR "LEADERS"?
Edited by Steven D. Price
If a cricketer suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat-which he could do very easily-I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?
- Prince Philip, reacting to proposals to ban firearms
If it has got four legs and isn't a chair, if it has got two wings and isn't a plane, and if it swims and isn't a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it.
- Prince Philip
Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaining they are unemployed.
- Prince Philip, during the 1981 recession
You are a woman, aren't you?
- Prince Philip, in Kenya , 1984, after accepting a gift from a native woman
Deaf? If you were near there, no wonder you are deaf.
- Prince Philip, to deaf people near a steel band
If you stay here much longer you'll be slitty-eyed.
- Prince Philip, to British students in China
Excerpted from 1001 Dumbest Things Ever Said edited by Steven D. Price. Copyright © 2004 Steven D. Price . All rights reserved. Excerpted by arrangement with The Lyons Press, an imprint of The Globe Pequot Press. $14.95. Available in local bookstores or call 800.243.0495 or click here.